The journey continues....
If you’re someone who’s had a disabling injury or illness, staying healthy often means finding the right follow-up care.
You need a healthcare team who understands your continuing medical needs, whether you’ve had a stroke, brain or spinal cord injury or been diagnosed with a neurological condition such as multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, Guillain-Barre’ syndrome or West Nile Virus Infection.
At Methodist Rehabilitation Center, you’ll find just that in our second floor outpatient hospital clinic. What’s more, you don’t need to have been an MRC patient to access our services. We accept outside referrals, too.
We’ll start your visit with a thorough assessment, which allows us to:
- Identify and treat medical problems or complications which may have developed since inpatient treatment
- Provide follow-up care to prevent secondary complications
- Provide education on disease processes, needed medications or planned procedures
- Order further diagnostic testing or consultations
- Refer to other resources or specialists as needed
- Provide adjustments to equipment, orthotics or prosthetics
Our clinic also provides two specialized services to address common complications related to neurological injuries:
Urinary problems: We offer tests to examine bladder function, including videourodynamics. It’s a study of how well the bladder and connecting tubes are working, using real-time imagery.
Spasticity: This condition involves abnormal increase in muscle tone or stiffness, which can interfere with movement and cause discomfort or pain. Our Spasticity Clinic offers treatments, such as Botox injections and medical management and trials for intrathecal baclofen pumps.
Outpatient Clinic at Methodist Rehabilitation Center
1350 E. Woodrow Wilson Ave.
Jackson, MS 39216